Friday, August 31, 2007

Update

I just wanted to update everybody on what is going on in our lives right now.

This is Eric's first semester as an Ag Economics graduate student! WHOOP! He is currently taking 9 hours of classes. He is also working at Best Buy and Double Daves. His classes are during the day, so he works most evenings.

I am in my second semester as a Health Education graduate student. I am taking 9 hours of classes as well. I am taking one on-line class and two classes on campus. I am really enjoying the interaction I get through a "real" class as opposed to all the online classes I took this summer. I am also working 40 hours a week at Scott & White. (Both of my on-campus classes are at night, Monday and Tuesday nights.)

Needless to say that we are really busy. This is also bringing a lot of stress and separation to our relationship. Please pray for us. We only see each other late at night (when I am at my worst). Hopefully, next semester Eric will be able to get an Assistantship on campus and be able to work and take classes during the day. This would free up his evenings to spend at home. Mean while, we need all the prayer and friendly support we can get. This too will pass...

3 comments:

Joshua Butcher said...

It is timely that you should post this one. When Eric was telling me about both his and your schedule the other day I was compelled to pray for your relationship because so much activity apart from each other is difficult. What could be more frustrating than being married and seeing each other LESS than when you were not married?!?!

Hannah and I will be praying that God would not only strengthen your commitment to each other during this trying time, but also that He would provide you opportunities to share quality time and loving interaction with each other.

And if there is any further way that Hannah and I can relieve some of the workload or stress, please do not hesitate to ask us!

Helen said...

Spoken like a true newly-wed, Josh! But entirely accurate. I'm praying and empathizing too.

ninepoundhammer said...

I just sent a prayer heavenward for y'all. I say REALLY good prayers--so expect great things! :)