Friday, February 22, 2008

Smelling like a Pineapple

Years ago my mother gave me a set of Bath and Body Works Iced Pineapple lotion, body splash, and shower gel for my birthday. I loved this scent!!! Unfortunately, it was only a summer scent and it disappeared shortly after that.

Fast forward to today: I have been using yucky boy bar soap because I ran out of my supply of shower gel from the semi-annual sell, so I decided to use the last of a gift card and pay full price for some shower gel ($9.50!!!!). Well, I just finished three bottles of Honeysuckle (which I love!), so I decided to try something else. We were perusing through the Pomegranate, Sweet Pea, and Cherry Blossom. Then lo and behold, they have Fresh Pineapple! I nearly screamed in excitement. I can smell like a pineapple again!

Well, this may seem silly, but this scent brings back good memories. My mom had put the set of Iced Pineapple on the end of my bed, so I awoke to my new and exciting present. It was exactly what I wanted that year. It was a big girl present. My mom has always known how to make me feel special. (Well, I am still not sure how to take the fire extinguisher she gave me for Christmas!)

1 comment:

Helen said...

Yay! They do always get rid of your favorite scents. I'm still hoping they'll bring back umm... well, it was so long ago I don't remember what it was called, but it smelled good!