Tuesday, March 4, 2008

hmm

Soooooooooooooooo...
you ever get that feeling inside your head where you tell yourself, "Fine! I'll do it!"?
That's where I was this past week on two fronts.
One:
I uninstalled and cancelled World of Warcraft. This was not an easy task...just ask Theresa.
Two:
I grabbed my trombone and music and started playing again.

I don't want to get into a lot of the insides of these issues right now, but when you guys are reading the prayers or confessions of sin at church about "talents wasted, time wasted", etc...yeah...I might know something about that.

I must say, it is refreshing to finally not be stubborn with God about a couple of issues he has been talking to me about for a long time. The 2nd came a lot easier than the first...again ask Theresa sometime. It is amazing how I can admit how He is sovereign and omnipotent, yet I still try to do things my way and justify them somehow.

Anyhow, the point of this post is just to remind you guys of one thing...
Don't be dumb and try to fool God or ignore Him...
He doesn't go away! (which is an amazing blessing!)

Eric

8 comments:

Brian Franklin said...

That was an encouraging post, Eric. A good reminder that God is always working on us, and that I haven't arrived at a place where I can just stop being sanctified.

Eric and Theresa said...

I love you, Babe. I will admit that you have a pretty hard head ;)

Helen said...

You do realize that now that you've publicly announced that you play an instrument, you're going to have to play in church, right? Also, do not put raw eggs down the drain. Don't ask.

Eric and Theresa said...

Nah, trombones don't fit in with strings and a flute...
Now if I mentioned the other instruments I can play I might have issues...

Kierstyn said...

Amen to being dumb and stubborn! Why do we even try?

Good for you on making these changes!!

Anonymous said...

Great job with getting rid of Warcraft!! I've started practicing horn again so maybe we can get a brass ensemble together for church, that wouldn't be too loud or anything. ;-)

-Christi

Anonymous said...

Appreciate your honesty Eric.
Marian

ninepoundhammer said...

This is a great post, Eric. I couldn't agree more with the sentiments regarding wasted time and talents. (I think that is why I almost worked myself into a heat stroke last weekend.)

I've been wanting to start a music group where we can pick some good ol' country gospel music. Give me some time--I may be able to figure out how to fit a trombone in there. Maybe.