Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sneaky Theresa

Most of you know I worked at a pizza place in some capacity over the course of 3-4 years where we made everything ourselves except for our dough mix which came in bags and we just had to combine water and put it in the mixer then portion it out, etc. Well, you might assume that I would be the one to make the best pizza dough / sauce in the house because of that on-the-job learnin'. However, Theresa made some homemade pizzas tonight while I watched the A&M softball team win their game vs. Florida. My only help was in making sure the dough had risen appropriately and would be manageable when she was getting tense about it. Other than that, our dinner preparations were typical american preparations where the husband is watching the tube in the living room while the wife is on the phone with her sister and making dinner at the same time.
Anyhow, the point is, her dough and sauce were amazingly better than any of the ones I have made in the past. She refused to admit it though, which I thought was very polite...she must have been paying attention to the sermon today when Wade brought up humility. In any event, I kind of laughed at myself for getting smacked down with better sauce / crust by a novice. It seems silly she would need my assurance that the dough is workable and that the other ingredients will be good when she makes it taste better.
As an aside it is possible my vision is clouded by the thought that every meal she makes is my favorite meal. This would be because to me they are considered gifts from God. Afterall, Theresa is a gift of God so anything she does for me with love must be a gift from God; kapeesh?(spelling ninepoundhammer?)

2 comments:

ninepoundhammer said...

Ashlee makes a mean homemade pizza, too. In fact, I ate the remaining pieces of it last night after we got home from our catechism class. Mmmmmm.

Helen said...

I would tell you you sound a lot like Matt, but I don't know how you would feel about that. He does eat my nasty trial and error meals, too, though.