Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Job Update...

I still don't have a job, but I wanted to update everyone on how the interviews are going.

Interview 1: Exit Teen Center The interview stopped for me when she asked me "What would you do with a room full of 40 teenagers with nothing to do?" I had to bite my tongue to keep me from saying "quit my job." It was only a low paying seasonal job anyways. I never heard back from them.

Interview 2: TAMU Admissions I thought the one hour interview went well. Although, I could tell that they were looking for someone who was more "settled" than I was. I didn't hear back from them, so I called them and they said they found someone else and that I should have received a letter. I received it about 3 days after calling them (oopsy to whoever was supposed to send those!)

(I forget the order after this, but you get the drift...)

Interview 3: College of Agriculture Decent interview, but I could tell they were looking for someone older. She called and told me they found someone else.

Interview 4: Scott and White This was for a patient educator position, but S&W does not know the definition of "patient educator." They want a nurses aid. There was no education involved. Very disappointing. They called to say they found someone else, but will pass my resume on.

Interview 5: ??? I forgot what this company was called, but they advertised for an office assistant but really wanted a bookkeeper. Umm...not me. She never called back.

Interview 6: TAMU Library This interview went really well. It is not in my field, but I have always dreamed of being a librarian since I was a kid. They are very flexible, which would be great for grad school. And they actually pay you to go to three hours of class. AMAZING! I should hear back from them late next week. I am actually crossing my fingers on this one.

Interview 7: Scott and White (Again) They passed on my resume to pediatrics. Again...they don't know the definition of "patient educator." What they want is someone to poke babies with needles (immunizations). No education involved.

Interview 8: Brazos Valley Rape Crisis Center I have this interview tomorrow. It is for the position of education prevention coordinator. This sounds good, but as well found out, people have weird definitions. This position is part-time (30 hours a week), so that would be good for grad school. Plus...I would be making the world better. Pray for this one! To be continued...

1 comment:

Helen Hurley said...

I love my sister and someone should hire her because she would be a GREAT employee!! (Just in case any employers google you, Sis) ;)