Saturday, May 3, 2008

New Job

Now that my finals are OVER, I can actually post about my new job. I went to Fort Worth in April for the American Alliance for Physical Education, Health, Recreation, and Dance national convention. While I was there, my internship supervisor emailed me because there was a job posting at the Brazos County Health Department for a health educator. I screamed and danced and then downloaded the application and filled it out. My wonderful sister-in-law, Kristina, faxed the application for me since I was still in Fort Worth on a Thursday night. Well, I got a call the next Friday to schedule an interview for Monday. I was a basketcase that whole weekend (and the next week after the interview). I went to the interview on Monday and was offered the job the next Friday. Now, I have never quit a job before, so I was feeling really bad about leaving Scott & White. I learned a lot at Scott & White (good and bad), but it is time for me to move on. I don't want to stay there forever, and this new job is exactly what I want. I have always wanted to do health education in a community setting. There is nothing that say "community" more that county health department.